All the men who are working out or not are just waiting for those slithering nerves to just emerge out of the blue. Why so? Because it is such a sexy trait to possess and it just makes you a double jackpot in an instant. It’s not that much of an easy task. Nothing this awesome comes easy so you will have to follow three things that I have specifically mentioned below, first being the exercises that are going to make your forearms and hands stronger allowing those nerves to rip out like a beast, second being the food to take and lastly the essential tips that are going to help you to get the desired trait as soon as possible.
This article is derived in a way that it is part personal experience, part physiology and part bro-science. Don’t waste any time and get on to the trip of getting big, bold and badass veins to show like a pro.
So How To Get Nerves Is The Question?
Exercises for nerves on forearms and arms
The following are the exercises that you should particularly include in your workout sessions to get those nerves popping right out of your arms:-
Knuckle push ups are just another variant of the regular push ups. The regular push ups are good for your triceps and deltoids along with strengthening your core and hip flexors. To a certain point this phenomenal exercise works for your glutes, quads and small stabilizing muscles of your upper back but they don’t essentially strengthen your forearms they just stabilize them. Just go for the knuckle push ups as they create an alignment between the wrist and the hand and the instability that is created is to be stabilized by the forearms. Thus the forearms bear more of the weight and get burnt quicker.
How to do it?
- Place your hands at a width that is slightly wider than the distance between your shoulders
- Keep your head, back and hip aligned in a straight line
- Stretch your legs so that the body weight is exerted on your toes
- Now place your hands on the floor in the form of a fist with your arms straight
- Lower down your body in a stabilized way till your till your elbows form a 90-degree angle
- Keep your elbows close to your body
- Now pull back up back
- 4 sets each consisting of 15 repetitions each for the most amazing results and if you are just beginning try to start off with 3 sets each having 12 repetitions
Fingertips Push Ups
This is one of the hardest and most advanced types of push up variations all around. It gives to you all the benefits of a regular push up. Then why so much hard work you ask? Because obviously there is an addition. This type basically exerts pressure on your fingers and forearm resulting them to be stronger than ever. This exercise is going to be hard at first but with the passage of time you will surely be able to conquer it.
How to do it?
- Lie down on your stomach and place your hands on the sides of your pectoral muscles
- Legs should be straight and toes tucked under
- You have to round your fingertips as if you are playing a piano or like a claw of an animal
- Spread your fingertips as wide as possible
- Now keep your elbows close to the body and raise your body to full extension of your arms like in a plank position
- Lower your body so that your sternum touches the floor
- Exhale on the way down and inhale as you push back
- Do 3 sets of 12 reps each to make those nerves burst out
If you have noticed then pull ups always top the charts of body builders who have popping nerves. So I don’t I need to even tell you that how important is this exercise for strong forearms and exploding nerves. The pull ups target the latissimus muscles in your back but there is a lot many muscles that it engages like the brachioradialis muscles that is your forearm muscle. Staple this exercise in your workout session and see how it changes your forearm game.
How to do it?
- Have a strong grip of the pull up bar with your palms
- Palms should be facing you because that’s the most efficient way
- Pull yourself up until your chin is just a notch above the bar
- Cross your feet beneath you as you pull up to keep your weight centred
- Now lower yourself till your arms are fully stretched
- Repeat this for 3 sets with 10 reps each for amazing results
Hammer curls are a must fit in your forearm strengthening workout regime. This one is super famous in the fitness circuit that you can cross check with anyone who is into this field and he will never deny to the scope of this exercise. There are so many muscles that are affected and worked out just with this curl. Other than the biceps, your fingers, wrists, forearms and arms will all be worked out. Just make this one mandatory in your workout and see how you get wonderfully emerging nerves that you won’t be able to stop flaunting.
How to do it?
- Stand upright and hold a dumbbell in each hand being held at arm’s length.
- The elbows should be near your torso
- The palms should be facing your torso
- Now exhale and curl the weight forward while contracting the biceps
- Continue to raise the weight till the biceps are completely contracted and the dumbbell is at the shoulder level
- Hold this position for a concise moment
- Keep in mind that you only move your forearm keeping your elbows stationary
- Now inhale and slowly lower the dumbbells back down to their initial position
- Repeat this exercise for 3 sets with 20 reps each to let the nerves rip out of your skin
All the fitness buffs swear their soul to this exercise. This exercise like other curls does not lay focus on the biceps but on the other muscles. Whether you perform this exercise sitting or standing or with a barbell or a dumbbell it doesn’t really matter because the effect is displayed on your lower bicep and forearm. The only requirement with this exercise is that you will need a preacher bench to execute but that much headache can be taken for a drool worthy exercise like this one.
How to do it?
- Sit on a preacher bench and adjust the height in a way that your armpits touch the top of the sloped section
- Hold weights using the underhand grip with arms extended and upper arm resting on the surface of the bench
- Curl the weight up till your forearms are vertical
- Pause for a second and then slowly lower the weight down till you come back to the original position
- Make sure your feet are firmly planted on the ground and your torso and shoulders are still throughout
- Make sure you perform 3 sets of 12 reps each to get the desired outcome
This exercise can be your secret weapon in the quest to build bigger arms and biceps. This exercise is not something that you will see very often in the gym. It is a variation of the traditional barbell curl which is the most effective strength gaining exercise that targets the wrists and biceps. Not to forget that it predominantly develops the lower bicep muscle and the muscle of the forearm.
How to do it?
- Stand straight and hold a bar and grip it shoulder width apart
- Have the grip from the top of the bar i.e. your palms should be facing downwards
- Keep your elbows close to your body and knees slightly bent
- Curl the bar up and hold for a bit
- Now lower back slowly to the initial pose
- Repeat this phenomenal exercise for 3 sets with 12 reps each
Food and tips to get nerves on hands and forearms
To get those nerves to pop out of your arms while you are chilling besides exercises you also need to cater vascular health. For that I am going to spell out my personal vascularity secret weapons which will give you big bold veins running wild and ramp it down your forearm and hands. Scroll down to know foods and insider tips to get those nerves bursting.
Tip 1 Reduce your body fat
There is no rocket science behind this, think of it like this that underneath your skin you got layer of fat and under that you have nerve or veins and beneath that you got big bulging muscles. So, it is a pretty simple mantra that you need to reduce the fat layer in between so that your nerves can easily pop out of your skin. Hence your body needs to have less fat in contrary your nerves will automatically be visible to you. Therefore, to achieve this you need to set a goal or a plan for weight loss in which you have to be calculative about your daily calorie intake based on your body mass index, age and sex. Along with this you have to practice daily workouts and have to eat apt according to your diet schedule.
Tip 2 Take high protein foods like
If you are really focusing on getting cracking bunch of nerves to show up all you need to do is to increase the rate of protein in the body by eating products like meat, fish, eggs which will not only fulfil your nutritional deficient gaps but also helps in upholding your slimmer physic and making you healthier from within. Make your chart and eat foods which are rich in lean protein because some specific meats and fishes might aid in you gaining weight a bit so eat precise foods such as the following: –
- Ground beef
- Fish & shellfish
So, in case you are vegan you can opt for vegetables which are higher in protein and lower in fat such as following: –
- Sweet potato
- Beans & lentils
Your diet is the most specific part if you are really thinking of losing that extra stubborn fat from your life. Be sure you mark the above foods in your regime.
Tip 3 Stay warm and raise your temperature
Are you ready to show up those spidery nerves rip through the skin instantly? Yes, you heard that right! You can attain these just by heating up your body. This will immediately push away the blood towards the surface and release some of the heat by getting up the nerves whereas when your body is cold all the nerves cave in. Now how to rise your temperature? It’s simple you can eat foods such as hot peppers, chillies or jalapeno etc. Other techniques which are trailed by many weightlifters and which you can also give a shot is that they use hairdryer on their forearm to allow the nerves to bulge out.
Tip 4 Eat less quantity carbs
Don’t permanently eliminate carbs from your regime, have a slow digesting yet little quantity of carbohydrates on a daily basis. Eat foods enlisted below especially after workouts and they will help you to burst out your nerves from your forearm.
- sweet potato
- leafy green vegetables such as broccoli or cauliflower
- Greek yogurt
- Chicken breast
- Fruits like apples or strawberries
Tip 5 Drink plenty of water
Many of you have a misconception in your head that drinking less water will make your nerves more prominent but let me clarify this for you. The method might have worked for some folks or some heavy lifters for that fact but this technique is too dangerous for the body. Dehydration can lead to many diseases and complications in your health which many of you don’t even have the idea about. Don’t ever try this technique just to scratch out those nerves from your arms. Rather drink plenty and plenty of water as this will flush out all the toxins plus all the excessive sodium intake or waste that has been stuck out of your body plus keeping your body in check in so many other ways.
Tips 6 lower down the high salt diet
It is suggested that you should lower down your sodium consumption as high salt diet will retain water and when your body is retaining, your veins refuse to puff up. So eating less salt in your diet will help you to eradicate the water bulk but it is helpful for your overall vascular health. It is recommended by American heart association that you should have just one teaspoon of salt in a day.
Tip 7 Try supplements
If nothing works this way round you can try your hand on supplements for ripping up those nerves evident on the surface of your skin. Below are supplements which are totally recommended by us. But like always said make sure you always do your research beforehand before picking up any sort of supplement for your body for that matter. Keep this in your mind that whatever supplement you choose it should be consisting of natural herbal compounds secondly it should be carrying out low percentage of body fat.
- Don’t wear tight cloths or t-shirts just to make it look like nerves are popping out of your forearms and hands as this can restrict your blood flow which is unhealthy for your system.
- Don’t ever dehydrate your body no matter how fascinating nerves they give you in return. This can land you in a huge complication. Drink plenty of water no matter what others or your trainer suggest you to do so.
- Don’t do any exercise which you are not capable of or your strength doesn’t allow you to do.
The Bottom Line
All the overhead tips and exercises will help you to be the vascular stud and stallion you always wanted to be! The ultimate secrets are in front of you. Now get those pesky nerves simply by learning the mantra that is to work harder on your forearms and muscles by the exercises mentioned and by following diet plans that is to keep low sodium, carbs jumping on high lean protein and in last following the top-secret tips that we provided you with. The end result is going to be that you will have amazing nerves on your hands and forearms that will be “oh so flattering”.