8 Best Tricep Exercises At Home
Tired of your t-shirt’s sleeves blowing in the wind? But at the same time, you don’t have the same desire to hit the gym every day? Since this start is the part, so what if I offer you a deal in which you don’t have to burden yourself thumping to the gym every day and with the same side don’t need any equipment! Don’t widen your pupils! For this particular workout you can achieve curls by just pushing yourself off the wall or if you are too lazy to go out of your couch you can make your couch end work for you.
Yes, you heard that right. Seal the deal to move ahead with me as in this article we are giving away a home workout triceps plan which is worth taking the time to add size to the back of your arms. Try this following circuit for a new way to hit those tempting curls.
The plank pushups are an exemplary exercise that lays emphasis on too many parts of your body. The plank portion of this exercise basically engages your core. A strong core is the basis of all sorts of movements and exercises and as for the push-up part is concerned it targets multi-joints. You ask how? It strengthens your Pecs, triceps, deltoids, abdomen and all of your fundamental muscle stabilizers. This complex exercise brings together numerable motions to build strength hastily. It can be done at any point of time at in any place because all you need s your body weight as resistance. Make this a part of your triceps workout routine to have great triceps along with a stronger core.
How to do it?
- Take your basic push up position with your palms flat on the floor.
- Bend one arm to bring your elbow and forearm on the ground.
- Do the same with the other arm
- Now you are in the plank position and hold for 15-30 seconds
- Push back to the starting position
- Repeat this movement alternating which side you lower with each rep
- You have to do 4 sets with 20 reps each
The diamond push is another intensified variation of the push-up. It is a well-known fact that the diamond variation stimulates stronger and tougher triceps and shoulders along with facilitating greater balance. Something that not everybody knows is that it also makes for a great chest workout. The narrower position of the hands amounts for more load on the triceps. A study by ACE found that the diamond push-up is the most effective exercise followed by triceps dips and kickbacks. This one is a top choice for people who want to toughen their triceps and bring more definition to them.
How to do it?
- Get on a mat and take the position of push up on your knees
- Place your hands below your chest and for a diamond shape with help your thumbs and index fingers
- Lower yourself to the ground and then push up
- You must do 4 sets with 15 repetitions. If you are just kicking off with this exercise then you must go for a lesser number like 3 sets with 10-12 repetitions.
Push-ups are a fantastic exercise when it comes to attaining amazing triceps. The push up has been a staple in the routines of bodybuilders and you should make it a necessity in yours too. The push up has tackled the test of time and still remains a stunner. The push up also looks after your triceps and deltoids along with strengthening your core and hip flexors. To a certain point, this phenomenal exercise works for your glutes, quads and small stabilizing muscles of your upper back. The beauty of this exercise is that you can get onto it anywhere and at any point of time just by using your own body weight. The only thing you need is a firm surface.
How to do it
- Place your hands at a width that is slightly wider than the distance between your shoulders
- Keep your head, back and hip aligned in a straight line
- Stretch your legs so that the bodyweight is exerted on your toes
- Now place your palms on the floor with your arms straight
- Lower down your body in a stabilized way till your till your elbows form a 90-degree angle
- Keep your elbows close to your body
- Now pull back up back
- 4 sets each consisting of 15 repetitions each for the most amazing results and if you are just beginning try to start off with 3 sets each having 12 repetitions
Triceps dips are a super amazing exercise that is worth the inclusion in your workout session for triceps. This exercise not only works triceps but also biceps, shoulders, back, glutes and hamstrings. This is a super effective exercise that will turn your triceps like never before. But remember this is only going to give you results if you do them regularly and not otherwise. The only disadvantage of this exercise is that you will need a bench or couch to do it.
How to do it?
- Stand in front of a bench wherein your back faces the bench.
- Now lower your body and hold the bench by placing your hands behind
- Make sure your fists are facing forward and legs are extended. Support your body with your heels and keep your abs affianced.
- Slowly lower your body keeping your back upright till your elbows form a 90-degree angle
- Slowly get back to the starting position
- Do 4 sets with 20 reps each for visible results
Burpees with a push-up
Burpees have always been on the top of the charts for those looking to lose weight. But who knew that it provides overall benefits. It focuses on the core, the shoulders, the legs but most importantly the triceps. This one should be an actual regular in your triceps workout session if you are looking for stronger, tougher and bigger triceps. It flexes your muscles to give you more agility and stamina. This one is highly recommended.
How to do it?
- Start off by standing with your feet hip-distance wide and get your palms on the ground
- Hop on and your feet should go back so that you are in a high plank position.
- Keep your core tight and hips lifted
- Now bend your elbows and lower yourself into a push-up position then push back to get back in the high plank
- Now jump your feet to the outside of your hands and as you stand up you better with full force jump as high as you possibly can bringing your arms overhead
- Aim for the best and go for 4 sets with 15 reps each
Single leg triceps dips
The single leg triceps dips are a modified version of the regular triceps dip. This exercise in the same way as the regular one tones and tightens your triceps allowing you to get rid of those flabby arms. This at the same time strengthens the upper body. The raised leg allows you to engage your glutes, hamstrings, and quads. What does this mean? That you are strengthening your lower body as well.
How to do it?
- Turn your body to be in a tabletop position with your hands and feet on the ground and keep your body lifted in the air.
- Now simply lift one of your legs and straighten it and keep your ankle pointed outwards
- Bring down your booty to the ground and bending your elbows with your leg lifted in the air
- Do 10 reps and then lower your leg
- Repeat with the other leg as well
- You have to do 3 sets of this exercise
We all know that push-ups are a great way to work on your upper body strength but there are numerous variations besides the basic one that can be a great way to get more out of your workouts. Such is the Spiderman push up. This type mainly works on your pectoral muscles, your deltoids and most importantly your triceps. It is an exceptional form of upper body workout. It employs your core muscles and aids to strengthen them.
How to do it?
- Begin by being in the plank position. Keep your abs engaged and tight.
- Stretch out one hand out to the side reaching as far as you possibly and easily can and then lift your leg
- Bend your elbows and go down in a push-up bending that leg and coming in contact with that knee to the elbow at the very same time.
- The ones that are just starting off with this exercise or those cannot balance while lifting their leg completely, should bend that knee and put that foot close to the hand and perform the push-up.
- Get back to the original position and do the same on the other side.
- Hence You have to do 3 sets with 10 reps each for outstanding results
If you are low on time or are looking for an additional exercise that will toughen both the upper and the lower body then you must simply incorporate the wall push-ups in your daily workout session. This exercise is amazingly convenient in a way that they can be done almost anywhere at any point in time without the need for any fancy over the top equipment’s or the hefty amount that is spent on the gym. Just trace a wall and get going big time! Besides just being flexible, wall push-ups are super easy to do and are great for strengthening your upper body. They add a definition to your chest, arms and shoulders. When you amplify the distance between your feet and the wall to three feet or more you place additional force on your triceps, biceps and forearms. So there’s no stopping you from getting massive triceps.
How to do it?
- Stand in front of a wall facing it and keep a distance from it about 1 to 3 feet away
- Elevate your arms and place your palms on the wall slightly wider that the shoulder wide distance. Your fingertips should be pointing upwards.
- Keep your legs static and bend your elbows and at the same time bring your chest and chin close to the wall. This is basically your start position.
- Take a long deep breath and exhale as you push yourself away from the wall. Do this you’re your elbows are slightly bent and your chest and chin are at a distance from the wall.
- Now inhale and go back to your initial position.
- Do this exercise for 4 sets with 20 reps if you are really dedicated towards getting triceps like a boss.
The Bottom line
Now as you have everything in front of you don’t let your triceps fall behind your biceps! With the motivation of creating perfect triceps make your home décor your equipment and start your day with this workout and sweat it out! Eat right to train hard and repeat to live healthily! Now there is no other excuse left for you! So now what are you waiting for? Christmas? Just get on your toes and begin!