Introduction to The Crown Season 5
Netflix series The Crown is a portray of the Queen of England, Queen Elizabeth II’s journey. It shows some of the royal politics and happenings that occurred from the starting of her reign. It also showcases the life of other royal members.
Facts That Will Get You Out of Your Chair Right Away
- In the first two seasons, Queen Elizabeth by Claire Foy was paid less than Prince Philip as he was more famous.
- However, this changes when Olivia Colman bagged the role of Queen Elizabeth. And no one was paid more than her as she was the main lead.
- The Crown shows the royal family and the politics and the drama that goes behind. But it wouldn’t show the new-day royals.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry like the show and binge watch it.
- The Crown Season 3 and Season 4 were shot in one go.
- Before The Crown Season 3 was released, there were rumors that Princess Diana would appear on the show. But the creators themselves shunned the rumors.
- The Crown won major accolades with the first two seasons itself. It received around 25 awards in various categories.
- Helena Bonham Carter was so nervous about playing the role of Princess Margaret that she decided to meet her. She spoke to a few people who knew her personally. But Helena went to psychic as well to talk to Princess Margaret from great beyond.
- When Claire Foy started shooting for the series, she had just had a baby. So she was breastfeeding on the sets. In an interview, she revealed that she called herself “Breastfeeding Queen.” Matt Smith even joked and called her a cow.
- Queen Elizabeth II has watched The Crown season 1. Sources say that in some scenes, she felt they were too dramatized.
The Crown is a hit series on Netflix. And given the fact that it is about the royal family, which is known around the world, gets it even more audience. Mostly, when Queen Elizabeth II is alive and watching!