Introduction to Klaus Hargreeves
If you are a fan of the Netflix series The Umbrella Academy, then Klaus Hargreeves isn’t a new name. And we must say that fans love him. And luckily for all, he is getting a spin-off in the comics. We got some astonishing facts about him!
Facts That Will Get You Out of Your Chair Right Away
View this post on Instagram
This is the first limited series in what will hopefully be multiple series exploring some of the characters in the Umbrella Academy world. Of all the siblings, Klaus was the first one I felt I already knew a lot about his backstory and wanted to explore it. Something about those 10 years between getting kicked out of the house and the events of Apocalypse Suite really interested me, and I felt like Klaus had gotten into a whole bunch of trouble and his addictions really started to take hold of him. I had always been inspired by Less Than Zero, the book by Bret Easton Ellis, and the film version of it that got made as well, in how I wanted to portray Klaus’ story. Something about that depiction of Los Angeles, people at their lowest lows, surrounded by all this dark glamour, spoke to me, and I envisioned Klaus in a world like that. Other things inspired it as well, Trainspotting, Snatch to name a couple. We hope you enjoy it. I had amazing collaborators on this book— my longtime friend and sometimes co-writer Shaun Simon co-wrote it with me, and he’s probably one of the few people I know that can write in the voice of UA— he just loves that world, and it shows, and I have always loved his writing. @injculbard handled all of the art, and did an amazing job with it. I had seen a book he had done a while ago, Celeste, I fell in love with his art, and I thought he would do an amazing job with the kind of story we wanted to tell. And my longtime collaborator and letterer, @natepiekos, who is the letterer of Umbrella Academy, put wonderful words into this thing. I.N.J. did a great variant cover, as did @leo_romero11 (who is the artist on TLFK: National Anthem, due out in October, and also co-written with Shaun), and my dear Umbrella Academy partner and collaborator, Gabriel Ba handled the main cover, and it is glorious. ⠀ ⠀ I really enjoyed the whole process, it’s a very different kind of book from the main UA book, and Shaun and I already have an idea for Klaus’ next adventure. But first, we’ll get Umbrella Academy Volume 4, which I have been writing for a little while now. Take care and enjoy your read.⠀ ⠀⠀ #youlooklikedeath #theumbrellaacademy
- Klaus kicked Seance out of The Umbrella Academy and further cut his allowance. But he later takes in some magical Vampire high, and he needs help.
- The spin-off comic You Look Like Death is set in a decade back of The Umbrella Academy.
- Klaus will have a pretty dramatic 10 years till The Umbrella Academy. His time will be filled with supernatural dangers and adventures.
- Hargreeves will be based in Los Angeles to complement his dark side.
- For the maker Gerard Way, Klaus was the favorite. In an interview, he revealed that he has plans for all the siblings, but he had many ideas for Klaus and his life.
- As of now, there are no plans to have a series for Klaus’s spin-off. But given the popularity of The Umbrella Academy, the possibility cannot be denied.
- Robert Shaheen, who plays Klaus’s role, is interested in playing his spin-off for the Netflix series.
- Klaus grows stronger and darker in the spin-off comic.
- He also is in a constant struggle with competitors and enemies.
- Fans are beyond excited to know more about Klaus and his siblings.
The Netflix series The Umbrella Academy was a huge success. While people loved them all, Klaus became a fan favourite. And not just them, even Gerard Way, who wrote the whole series, also fell in love with him. Now, Klaus is getting his spin-off comic titled “You Look Like Death.” And fans are expecting a Netflix series too.
View this post on Instagram
You Look Like Death: Tales From The Umbrella Academy Issue 1 is coming out on 9/16. I’ve always wanted to explore Klaus’ back story and this new series covers his time in Hollywood and his battles with a vampiric drug lord in the 10 years preceding Apocalypse Suite. You can check out the link in my bio for an exclusive preview. #theumbrellaacademy #youlooklikedeath