Charlize Theron And Tom Hardy Opened Up About Their On-set Feud While Filming ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’
The Mad Max franchise began back in 1979 with Mel Gibson as Max Rockatansky in ‘Mad Max.’ Directed by George Miller, Mel Gibson also starred in the next two films as well, namely ‘Mad Max 2’ and ‘Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.’ Thereby in 2015, George Miller created his masterpiece, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ starring Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy.
After years of controversy, the actors have finally opened up about how challenging filming was for them and their on-set feud. Both the actors, along with the other cast members, had to face much tension while filming, which led to Hardy and Theron getting on each other’s nerves. Find out more here.
Charlize Theron And Tom Hardy Openly Expressed Each Others Shortcoming While Filming
The film had hit several bumps in the road while filming with productions halting now and then(the filming had been shut down thrice) and the added pressure of featuring in a George Miller masterpiece. Their statements were published in the New York Times on Tuesday.
Theron, 44, revealed,
“In retrospect, I didn’t have enough empathy to really, truly understand what he must have felt like to step into Mel Gibson’s shoes. That is frightening!” She said about Hardy.
Hardy, 42, said,
“I think in hindsight, I was in over my head in many ways. The pressure on both of us was overwhelming at times.”
The two, according to sources, would simply get at each other during shooting. Another reason for their strange behavior was because Theron had a hard time trying to understand the plot. Miller had directed the film from the storyboards instead of resorting to a script.
The film, nevertheless, had been a huge success. And Charlize arguably had laid the finest lead actor in the movie as Furiosa.