You may know Rose Leslie from her role as Ygritte on Game of Thrones. But did you know she will soon be the wife of Kit Harington in real life? Learn more here.
1. Rose Eleanor Arbuthnot-Leslie was born 9 February 1987 in Aberdeen, Scotland.
2. She was raised at Lickleyhead Castle in AberdeenshAls. Also her family’s 15th-century ancestral seat.
3. Her mother is Candida Mary Sibyl “Candy” Leslie (née Weld) of Clan Fraser. Also maternal great-granddaughter of Simon Fraser, 13th Lord Lovat. Also a descendant of Charles II of England.
4. Her family presently resides at the 12th century Warthill Castle in Scotland’s Old Rayne.
5. She often professes to miss her hometown. This by saying: “Aberdeen… in the middle of the countryside, all trees, and nature.
6. In September and October 2010, she became the lead. This was in Nell Leyshon’s infamous play Bedlam held at Globe Theatre.
7. She is the third of five children and describes growing up together as “important. We are a big, close family”.
8. Jokingly, she recalls having middle child syndrome. Being the family’s only redhead and “the sole ‘ginger’ in a 40-mile radius at school” as the predispositions. This in her desire to become an actress where “different was O.K.”
9. Moreover, In 2016, she portrayed the character of Athena in Sticky Notes with Ray Liotta.
10. She was educated at Rayne North School in Aberdeenshire. Then the private school Millfield in Street, Somerset. This before spending three years at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
11. However, Leslie was heavily involved in plays at LAMDA. She is starring in stage productions such as Uncle Vanya, The Caucasian Chalk Circle. Also in A Midsummer Night’s Dream and The Country Wife. As well as a stint on BBC Radio narrating The British Slave Trade: Abolition, Parliament, and People.