Cara Delevingne is one of the most known and highest-paid models in the world. Her success comes as much from her fun-loving personality as her astonishing looks. Let’s see some interesting facts about her!
1. Cara Delevingne was born in Hammersmith, London. She is the daughter of Pandora Anne Delevingne and property developer Charles Hamar Delevingne. She grew up in Belgravia, London, one of the wealthiest districts in the world.
2. She attended Francis Holland School for Girls in central London. This until she was 16, before moving to Bedales School in Hampshire.
3. She has two sisters Poppy and Chloe. Her sister Poppy is also a model and socialite. The eldest of the clan, Chloe is less well-known, and reportedly in medical school.
4. Cara Delevingne first appeared in Vogue Italia at age 10, shot by Bruce Weber.
5. She is actually quite short for the model industry. Her height is 1.78 (5’7) but obviously, that didn’t stop her at all!
6. She signed with Storm Model Management in 2009. This was after being spotted by Sarah Doukas, the founder of Storm.
7. Delevingne’s first catwalk appearance was at the February 2011 London Fashion Week. She was stepping out in the Burberry Prorsum autumn/winter collection.
8. Her first film role was in the 2012 film adaptation of Anna Karenina. She played Princess Sorokina, the marriage interest of Count Vronsky, alongside Keira Knightley.
9. Joan Collins is her godmother.
10. Rita Ora is her bestie and they met at a festival.
11. Cara’s model besties are American sweetheart Karlie Kloss, Jourdan Dunn, and Kendall Jenner.
12. She even has a matching tattoo with Jourdan Dunn.
13. She has dyspraxia and consequently found school challenging. Dyspraxia is a developmental coordination disorder (DCD) also known as developmental dyspraxia or quite simply dyspraxia.
14. Cara Delevingne is the third celebrity to have a Mulberry bag named after her. The others were Lana Del Rey and Alexa Chung.
15. However, In February 2013 she registered her name as a trademark.
16. She also registered her own company Cara & Co hoping one day to make a collection of onesies or T-shirts.
17. Moreover, She has admitted that she is bisexual. She is now dating actress Ashley Benson.