In the event that you’ve seen it, you’ve likely giggled, cried, grinned… also, cried once more. In the event that you haven’t seen it – you truly need to. Ricky Gervais’ new series, After Life, has as of late launched on Netflix.
It’s everything that is being discussed on social media, and will presumably be a standout amongst the most excellent bits of TV you will look for quite a while. To tell you exactly the amount we cherish it, we thought we’d tally down only a couple of minutes that add to making the show so valuable.
1. Tony’s wife, who died of cancer, leaves him video messages
“If you’re watching this then I’m not around anymore. I couldn’t say any of this to your face – it’s too embarassing.
“For you, not for me, obviously. You’re never very good at hearing how lovely you are.”
2. When a man who Tony visits for a story tells him his wife passed away last year…
However, he still tells her everything since “nothing’s as good if you don’t share it.”
3. The moment Tony meets a lady called Anne at his wife’s grave
She tells him that her husband never denied anything about her in 48 years.
He replies: “I didn’t get that long.”
4. When Tony’s dad’s carer tells him we should be nice to people with Alzheimer’s…
5. The beautiful clips of Tony and his late wife
It clearly shows how precious love can be.
6. Tony’s love for his dog
Even though Tony keeps telling that he wants to end his life, he can’t even think the thought of leaving his dog behind.
7. It shows that in the end, people are all the same
We all share similar feelings – no matter what our tale is. Tony tells a drug user: “I still can’t believe we’ve got stuff in common. “We’ve both lost our partners – both trying to numb the pain. We’re both losers.”
8. The moment Anne brings Tony back down to earth
She says: “We’re not just here for us, we’re here for others “All we’ve got is each other – we’ve got to help each other struggle through before we die and then we’re done. “No point in feeling sorry for ourselves and making everyone else unhappy too.”
9. When Tony says he never progressed in his job…
10. When Anne just keeps giving brilliant advice
“Happiness is amazing,” she says.
“It’s so amazing it doesn’t matter if it’s yours or not.
“Good people do things for other people. That’s it – the end.”