Overwatch is a vigorous team based shooter set on a near future world. Every match is an intense 6v6 battle between a league of special heroes.
Amazing facts about Overwatch –
- Blizzard’s very own Chris Metzen is the voice of our beloved moving spire.
- Upon release of the game, it had around seven thousand voice lines, translated into 12 languages.
- Company named, ‘Innovis labs’ booked a trademark application for the name Overwatch in September 2013. Further, Blizzard filed a trademark application in April 2014.
- Blizzard is known to reference their other games in certain projects. Further, Overwatch is a great example of this.
- Overwatch‘s open beta completely shattered records. In just seven days, over 9.7 million players joined the fight on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Further, making it the largest and most successful beta of Blizzard!
- Overwatch has an alarming amount of Adult content
- The game has stunning animated shorts
- It took just 5 months from scratch to make the game available in the market
- The game emerged as the ashes of ‘TITAN’
- Some assets made the transition from Titan to Overwatch.
- The game is Blizzard’s first new IP in 17 years.
- Tracer was initially developed as a male character
- Torbjorn’s design helped evolve the whole game
Subscribe us for more amazing facts!